Not sure where to start?
These are the first steps
We can help every step of the way
How We Can Help
Not only do we promise to take the greatest of care of the person who has died, but we believe we provide an attentive and understanding service which will make a difficult time that little bit easier to cope with.
With our relaxed and unpretentious approach, we want you to feel that it’s almost like seeking advice from a trusted friend. We feel we concentrate on things that really matter most, a personal and reliable service at a reasonable price.
Day and Night Service
We provide a twenty-four-hour service every day of the year. Outside the normal office opening hours, the directors Trevor, Michael or Roger Smith personally receive all telephone calls and are able to offer advice and guidance if a death has occurred. Also, any non-urgent enquiries can usually be answered during the daytime or before 8.00pm any weekday evening.
What we need to know
During your initial contact with ourselves, there will be certain information that we will need to know. To help prepare you for what we are about to ask, we have listed the information needed below:
- The full names of the deceased.
- The place where they have died.
- The name of the next of kin, executor or person responsible for the funeral arrangements.
- Their address and telephone number.
- Their relationship, if any, to the deceased.
- Whether the type of funeral is to be either burial or cremation.
Don’t worry if this is not known yet. We appreciate that further consultation with other members of the family or a check on
What has been specified in a Will may be necessary?
Please also let us know if there are any special circumstances that apply, such as if the deceased weighs above 15 stone (95Kg)
- The date of birth of the deceased.
- The marital status of the deceased.
- The General Practioner of the deceased.
- Any specific religious requirements, such as if a particular minister or church is wanted.
- If there are any date and time considerations, such as dates family are not able to attend or whether mourners need a particular time of day to suit travel arrangements.
- Whether there is a pre-paid funeral plan in existence.
- Have we carried out funerals for relatives in the past?
Please let us know if there could be any financial difficulties with paying for the funeral.